在看Frank Trace(Duck Soup編舞者)的網站，發現有下列這些資料，我覺得講得佷有意思，特別複製翻譯供大家用心去體會
My 10 IMPORTANT RULES to remember about learning to Line Dance:
1. Smile, relax and have fun. 微笑，放鬆，盡情歡樂
2. Be patient. You would be one in a million if you stepped on the dance floor and did everything perfectly.
3. Practice. If you really want to get into line dancing you must practice and don’t give up. Get out on the floor and keep trying.
4. Come often. If you really want to become a proficient line dancer you need to dance at least twice a week.
5. Ask questions. Ask for a step or sequence to be repeated if you don’t get it. The speed and detail in which I teach, depends on the average ability of the students.
6. Attend Dance Parties. The best way to enjoy and remember line dances is to attend our monthly Line Dance Parties.
7. As a beginner, don’t let the “styling” of more advanced dancers confuse you.
8. Stay in straight lines. Line dancing looks confusing and messy if it isn’t danced in lines.
9. Keep your steps small and movements somewhat reserved. Especially if the dance floor is crowed.
10. Dance as if no one is watching!
DANCE FOR THE HEALTH OF IT! 有益健康的排舞
I want to remind everyone that there is a very important health aspect to LINE DANCING. 我要提醒大家一個排舞健康的觀念
It has been proven that regular exercise can improve the quality of life, reduce stress and even become a healing factor.
Dancing is a wonderful and enjoyable source of exercise and can improve muscle strength, flexibility and coordination while giving you a great aerobic workout.
Mental benefits of line dancing are now starting to come forward.
I have students coming up to me all the time with stories of how line dancing has helped them cope with life’s everyday pressures.
Believe me when you are on the dance floor or taking a dance lesson, you can’t think of anything else.
You are too busy concentrating on your foot work and remembering the step sequence.
Memorization is another plus for mental good health.
Studies have shown that people who move their bodies by performing some type of memorized routine, have good longevity and a reduced risk of developing Alzheimer’s disease.
The bottom line is this … emotionally and physically, dancing is one of the best activities for both fun and good health.
So get up off that couch and sign up for a line dance class.
You can improve the quality of your health.
From kids to grandparents … age is not a limiting factor with Line Dancing. It’s a FUN AND HEALTHY THING TO DO FOR THE WHOLE FAMILY!
FRQUENTLY ASKED QUESTION 常見問題
Q - Can you teach me to line dance, even if I have two left feet?
A - Yes, if you have the “will” you will be able to learn any type of dancing. The key is NOT to give up, everyone learns at a different pace. Some people simply need more time, review and practice. Don’t be hard on yourself. Relax, have fun and laugh at your mistakes.
Q - Do real men dance? 男人可以跳排舞嗎？（真是個好問題） A - Absolutely! Women love men who can dance. With the popularity of the TV show “Dancing With The Star”, men are finally getting the message.